Some heart healthy tips from the CDC
- Treat yourself and loved ones to a heart-healthy meal that includes plenty of fruits and vegetablesand foods low in saturated fat and salt.
- Plan an event that encourages physical activity, and healthy eating.
- Give yourself or your loved ones a favorite healthy alternative to candy.
- If you smoke, quit smoking. It’s a perfect gift for yourself and others.
- February is American Heart Month. Help raise awareness about heart disease prevention. Encourage yourself and others to learn about how to lower heart disease risk and take action! Join Million Hearts™
- Learn the most common symptoms of a heart attack. Call 9-1-1 immediately if these symptoms occur.
For more ways to love and care for your heart visit Health Reference on the third floor.
posted by – Susan, Health Reference Services