Stopbullying.gov has concrete ways to get help if you are being bullied or provide help if you know someone who is being bullied.
Their advice for these situations:
I might be being bullied
- SPEAK UP: If you feel uncomfortable with the comments or actions of someone… tell someone! It is better to let a trusted adult know, than to let the problem continue.
- Get familiar with what bullying is and what it is not. If you recognize any of the descriptions, you should stay calm, stay respectful, and tell an adult as soon as possible.
- If you feel like you are at risk of harming yourself or others get help now!
Someone is bullying me online or via text message
- Remember, bullying does not only happen at school. It can happen anywhere, including through texting, the internet and social media.
- Learn more about cyberbullying and how to respond if it is happening to you.
I don’t get bullied, but my friend does
- Learn how you can be more than a bystander.
Let’s put an end to bullying.
posted by – Susan, Health Reference