You can get help in numerous ways.
Visit New York State of Health – http://www.healthbenefitexchange.ny.gov/
There is a chat feature that will connect you with a representative, or you can contact them by phone – 1-855-355-5777.
There are also navigators that are trained to assist you with your application.
Nassau Suffolk Hospital Council has created a website specifically for those seeking assistance – http://www.coverage4healthcare.com/
You will find dates and times that navigators will be available to assist you. Please note they do not make appointments – walk in only.
Before you go make sure that you have the following information available for all those that you wish to obtain coverage.
- Social Security numbers (SSNs)
- Email address
- Document numbers for eligible immigrants who want health coverage:** If you are a naturalized citizen you will need to have your alien identification number (A#) and your certificate number to complete the application.**
- Birth dates
- Paystubs, W-2 forms, or other information about your family’s income
- Policy/member numbers for any current health coverage
- Information about any health coverage from a job that’s available to you or your family.
posted by – Susan, Health Reference