Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart PatientsDoctors should assess mental health at routine cardiac visits, study authors saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Heart Diseases, Stress
- Gene Sequencing May Reveal Risks for Rare DiseasesBut doctors can be taught to minimize patients' anxiety, study saysSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Genes and Gene Therapy
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish BallGlobal Lamsheng Kee Inc., Brooklyn, NY is recalling Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball because they may contain undeclared egg. People who have allergies to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Publix Recalls Publix Tropical Medley Mix Due to Possible Contamination with Listeria monocytogenesPublix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Tropical Medley Mix because it may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. Publix received notification of the potential contamination from our supplier of dried apricot, The 5.7oz clear plastic containers of the mix were sold from Publix retail produce departments in Florida, Georgia, South C […]
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball
Category Archives: CDC
We as parents are used to being warned to watch out for the warning signs that our teens might be abusing drugs and alcohol as well as the negative effects these substances might have on their mental health. A new … Continue reading
The CDC is reporting that 285 people over 11 states have been infected by this stomach bug. FAQs from the CDC What is Cyclospora? Cyclospora cayetanensis is a parasite composed of one cell, too small to be seen without a microscope. This … Continue reading
This story is all over the morning news shows, radio personalities have made it the highlight of their comedic skits, news blasts are all over the internet. The Los Angeles Times headline – “Ewwww — poop in pools more common than … Continue reading
Anytime a new illness/virus crops up there is understandable concern, but it’s important to find out as many facts as possible before panic sets in. There are reports that indicate that this strain of avian flu are crossing from … Continue reading
There are no shortcuts on the path to a healthy heart, but there are steps that can be taken each day to guide you along the way. The CDC has put together “28 Days to a Healthier Heart.” Easy steps to … Continue reading
For those of us who lived through the very harrowing early days of the “AIDS Crisis”in 1981 it’s hard to believe that it’s now 2012 and there is still no cure. Major strides have been made in terms of treatment, … Continue reading