Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man8 years after a devastating bike accident, he uses arm to eat and drink Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Page: Paralysis
- Knee Replacement Doesn't Always Pay, Researchers SayLess pain to begin with, less gain from the procedure, but more benefit seen in those with severe arthritis Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Pages: Knee Injuries and Disorders, Knee Replacement
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut MooncakeSunshine Bakery of Alhambra, CA is voluntarily recalling CASSAVA CAKE AND MIXED NUT MOONCAKE with best by dates of 3/24/2017. The products were sold to retail stores in 2/24/2017.
- Allergy Alert Issued by Whole Foods Market in Hadley, Massachusetts For Undeclared Walnuts in Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsWhole Foods Market® in Hadley, Massachusetts is issuing an allergy alert to recall six-packs of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins due to an in-store labeling error.
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut Mooncake
Category Archives: FDA
According to a safety alert released by the FDA on January 14, 2014: FDA is recommending health care professionals discontinue prescribing and dispensing prescription combination drug products that contain more than 325 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen per tablet, capsule or … Continue reading
OK, I apologize I’ve been absent for a bit, but please come back and I’ll try to regain your trust. There have been questions regarding the safety of antibacterial soaps and body washes for quite a while in the scientific … Continue reading
So you’ve just come from your physician’s office and are on the way to the pharmacy to pick up your prescription. Your health care provider has explained why you’re going to be taking the medication, the pharmacist will ask you if you … Continue reading
We are all bombarded with advertisements and conflicting news reports regarding vitamins. If you’re like me I’m left wondering – Do I need to take a daily vitamin? What brand is the best? What do I risk by not taking … Continue reading
Last week, Consumer Reports (you will be prompted to enter your Syosset Public Library barcode) published findings of “worrisome” levels of arsenic in ordinary rice sold in the U.S. Arsenic contamination affected a variety of rice forms: brown and white, … Continue reading
Trader Joe’s Voluntarily Recalls Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter Because of Possible Health Risk. Trader Joe’s is voluntarily recalling its Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter (sku 97111), Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (sku 98927) and Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (sku … Continue reading