Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart PatientsDoctors should assess mental health at routine cardiac visits, study authors saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Heart Diseases, Stress
- Gene Sequencing May Reveal Risks for Rare DiseasesBut doctors can be taught to minimize patients' anxiety, study saysSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Genes and Gene Therapy
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish BallGlobal Lamsheng Kee Inc., Brooklyn, NY is recalling Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball because they may contain undeclared egg. People who have allergies to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Publix Recalls Publix Tropical Medley Mix Due to Possible Contamination with Listeria monocytogenesPublix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Tropical Medley Mix because it may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. Publix received notification of the potential contamination from our supplier of dried apricot, The 5.7oz clear plastic containers of the mix were sold from Publix retail produce departments in Florida, Georgia, South C […]
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball
Category Archives: FDA
According to a safety alert released by the FDA on January 14, 2014: FDA is recommending health care professionals discontinue prescribing and dispensing prescription combination drug products that contain more than 325 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen per tablet, capsule or … Continue reading
OK, I apologize I’ve been absent for a bit, but please come back and I’ll try to regain your trust. There have been questions regarding the safety of antibacterial soaps and body washes for quite a while in the scientific … Continue reading
So you’ve just come from your physician’s office and are on the way to the pharmacy to pick up your prescription. Your health care provider has explained why you’re going to be taking the medication, the pharmacist will ask you if you … Continue reading
We are all bombarded with advertisements and conflicting news reports regarding vitamins. If you’re like me I’m left wondering – Do I need to take a daily vitamin? What brand is the best? What do I risk by not taking … Continue reading
Last week, Consumer Reports (you will be prompted to enter your Syosset Public Library barcode) published findings of “worrisome” levels of arsenic in ordinary rice sold in the U.S. Arsenic contamination affected a variety of rice forms: brown and white, … Continue reading
Trader Joe’s Voluntarily Recalls Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter Because of Possible Health Risk. Trader Joe’s is voluntarily recalling its Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter (sku 97111), Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (sku 98927) and Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (sku … Continue reading