Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man8 years after a devastating bike accident, he uses arm to eat and drink Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Page: Paralysis
- Knee Replacement Doesn't Always Pay, Researchers SayLess pain to begin with, less gain from the procedure, but more benefit seen in those with severe arthritis Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Pages: Knee Injuries and Disorders, Knee Replacement
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut MooncakeSunshine Bakery of Alhambra, CA is voluntarily recalling CASSAVA CAKE AND MIXED NUT MOONCAKE with best by dates of 3/24/2017. The products were sold to retail stores in 2/24/2017.
- Allergy Alert Issued by Whole Foods Market in Hadley, Massachusetts For Undeclared Walnuts in Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsWhole Foods Market® in Hadley, Massachusetts is issuing an allergy alert to recall six-packs of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins due to an in-store labeling error.
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut Mooncake
Category Archives: Health information
Many patrons come in to the library not knowing where to search for information or they’ve begun their search and have gotten confused with the amount of health websites available. Others have gotten advice from a friends or family that … Continue reading
There are no shortcuts on the path to a healthy heart, but there are steps that can be taken each day to guide you along the way. The CDC has put together “28 Days to a Healthier Heart.” Easy steps to … Continue reading
I haven’t posted in a while, but if you visited just after Thanksgiving and read my post “Post Thanksgiving Regret” you know that I’m on a get healthy kick. I have used the excuses you’ll find there. It’s too cold out … Continue reading
Last week, Consumer Reports (you will be prompted to enter your Syosset Public Library barcode) published findings of “worrisome” levels of arsenic in ordinary rice sold in the U.S. Arsenic contamination affected a variety of rice forms: brown and white, … Continue reading
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in the US today. Healthy Heart Tuesday, February 14 at 4:00 PM Dr. Thierry Duchatellier, Section Chief of Cardiology at Mercy Medical Center will discuss the warning signs and the steps … Continue reading
It’s important to take care of your heart, but we’re all so busy where do we start? There are steps we can all take – in terms of nutrition, physical activity, weight management, stress management, and stopping smoking (or never … Continue reading
During the month of November the American Diabetes Association encourages Americans to take action and Raise Their Hand to Stop Diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association Nearly 26 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes. … Continue reading