Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man8 years after a devastating bike accident, he uses arm to eat and drink Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Page: Paralysis
- Knee Replacement Doesn't Always Pay, Researchers SayLess pain to begin with, less gain from the procedure, but more benefit seen in those with severe arthritis Source: HealthDay Related MedlinePlus Pages: Knee Injuries and Disorders, Knee Replacement
- Brain-Computer Link Restores Some Movement to Quadraplegic Man
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut MooncakeSunshine Bakery of Alhambra, CA is voluntarily recalling CASSAVA CAKE AND MIXED NUT MOONCAKE with best by dates of 3/24/2017. The products were sold to retail stores in 2/24/2017.
- Allergy Alert Issued by Whole Foods Market in Hadley, Massachusetts For Undeclared Walnuts in Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsWhole Foods Market® in Hadley, Massachusetts is issuing an allergy alert to recall six-packs of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins due to an in-store labeling error.
- Sunshine Bakery Announces Voluntary Recall of Cassava Cake And Mixed Nut Mooncake
Category Archives: Health Reference
According to the National Library of Medicine Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a type of movement disorder. It happens when nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of a brain chemical called dopamine. Sometimes it is genetic, but most cases do … Continue reading
Many patrons come in to the library not knowing where to search for information or they’ve begun their search and have gotten confused with the amount of health websites available. Others have gotten advice from a friends or family that … Continue reading
My main goal as a Health Reference Librarian is to provide information for my patrons so that they can better advocate for themselves in regard to their health. I provide patrons with consumer friendly information from respected and reputable sources, so that … Continue reading
The Health Reference Department presents: Heart Health Friday, February 15 11 AM Dr. David Friedman, Director of Heart Failure Services at Plainview Hospital, will discuss the warning signs and the steps that you can take today to have a healthy … Continue reading
There are no shortcuts on the path to a healthy heart, but there are steps that can be taken each day to guide you along the way. The CDC has put together “28 Days to a Healthier Heart.” Easy steps to … Continue reading
We are all bombarded with advertisements and conflicting news reports regarding vitamins. If you’re like me I’m left wondering – Do I need to take a daily vitamin? What brand is the best? What do I risk by not taking … Continue reading