Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Type 2 Diabetes May Be Bad for Brain HealthExcess weight appears to amplify the threat, study saysSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Brain Diseases, Diabetes Type 2, Obesity
- Money Pressures Mount When a Spouse Gets CancerHousehold income drops as much as 9 percent, new research findsSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Cancer--Living with Cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes May Be Bad for Brain Health
- Urban Remedy Issues Voluntary Recall of Mislabeled Non-Dairy Spiced Golden Milk Due to Undeclared AllergenUrban Remedy is voluntarily recalling Non-Dairy Spiced Golden Milk that was mislabeled as cold pressed apple juice. The products were sold in select Whole Foods Market stores in Arizona, California and Nevada and contained tree nut (cashew) allergens that were not listed on the product labels. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts run […]
- Lords Organics Recalls Ginger Powder Because Of Possible Health RiskLORDS ORGANICS is recalling Ginger Powder Product from AGF Organic Veda, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Urban Remedy Issues Voluntary Recall of Mislabeled Non-Dairy Spiced Golden Milk Due to Undeclared Allergen
- Health Tip: Child Obesity Affects Bones, Muscles and JointsBeing overweight can cause these problems
- Health Tip: Child Obesity Affects Bones, Muscles and Joints