Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe NotSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Flu, Men's Health
- Has Your Doc Been Touched by Breast Cancer? It Could Influence CareSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Breast Cancer
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe Not
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material ContaminationSanta Fe Importers, Inc. a Long Beach, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 143 pounds of pork salami products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal shavings.
- Harvesters Issues Safety Alert on Bibi Frutix Candy Possible Chemical ContaminationOn Tuesday, December 5, a partner food pantry agency in Wamego, Kansas notified Harvesters—The Community Food Network of potentially contaminated Bibi Frutix candy product it received through Harvesters' distribution program. The candy product is likely contaminated with a chemical substance and is potentially harmful if eaten.
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material Contamination
Category Archives: MedlinePlus
According to the National Library of Medicine Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a type of movement disorder. It happens when nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of a brain chemical called dopamine. Sometimes it is genetic, but most cases do … Continue reading
Many patrons come in to the library not knowing where to search for information or they’ve begun their search and have gotten confused with the amount of health websites available. Others have gotten advice from a friends or family that … Continue reading
The latest WHO (World Health Organization) report regarding the link between air pollution and lung cancer was all over the news last night. According to a press release by the International Agency for Research on Cancer “After thoroughly reviewing the … Continue reading
A new report indicates: An important warning today for parents with young children. Choking remains a leading cause of injury in kids, especially those 4 years of age and younger. Researchers analyzed data from emergency rooms across the country looking … Continue reading
I’m sneezing and coughing, my head is clogged, my asthma is kicking in. Oh the glories of springtime! Don’t get me wrong I do love spring – the grass is turning green, there are flowers everywhere and the birds sing … Continue reading
My main goal as a Health Reference Librarian is to provide information for my patrons so that they can better advocate for themselves in regard to their health. I provide patrons with consumer friendly information from respected and reputable sources, so that … Continue reading