Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?13-year study finds lower odds for atrial fibrillation in people eating moderate amounts of the treatSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Atrial Fibrillation
- Studies Spotlight Diet, Supplements for Knee PainCould fiber or chondroitin ease arthritis?Source: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Arthritis, Dietary Fiber, Nutrition
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health RiskL.A. Lucky Import & Export Inc. announced it is voluntarily recalling L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seeds 2.1 oz due to presence of Salmonella in the packet. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Correctional Industries Airway Heights Food Operations Recalls Frozen Meat and Poultry Products Due to Water ContaminationCorrectional Industries Airway Heights Food Operations, an Airway Heights, Wash. establishment, is recalling approximately 319,000 pounds of frozen meat and poultry products due to water contamination.
- L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health Risk
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: MedlinePlus
According to the National Library of Medicine Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a type of movement disorder. It happens when nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of a brain chemical called dopamine. Sometimes it is genetic, but most cases do … Continue reading
Many patrons come in to the library not knowing where to search for information or they’ve begun their search and have gotten confused with the amount of health websites available. Others have gotten advice from a friends or family that … Continue reading
The latest WHO (World Health Organization) report regarding the link between air pollution and lung cancer was all over the news last night. According to a press release by the International Agency for Research on Cancer “After thoroughly reviewing the … Continue reading
A new report indicates: An important warning today for parents with young children. Choking remains a leading cause of injury in kids, especially those 4 years of age and younger. Researchers analyzed data from emergency rooms across the country looking … Continue reading
I’m sneezing and coughing, my head is clogged, my asthma is kicking in. Oh the glories of springtime! Don’t get me wrong I do love spring – the grass is turning green, there are flowers everywhere and the birds sing … Continue reading
My main goal as a Health Reference Librarian is to provide information for my patrons so that they can better advocate for themselves in regard to their health. I provide patrons with consumer friendly information from respected and reputable sources, so that … Continue reading