Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: StudyDoctors should prescribe for the minimum numbers of days, researchers saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Opioid Abuse and Addiction
- Could Common Vitamin Supplements Raise Lung Cancer Risk?Increased odds only seemed to affect men or male smokers, study suggestsSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: B Vitamins, Dietary Supplements, Lung Cancer
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: Study
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria ContaminationFair Oaks Farms, LLC, a Pleasant Prairie, Wis. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,134 pounds of pork sausage patties that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health RiskSeven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN is recalling their Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli 12 oz. pouches because it may contain undeclared almonds. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
Category Archives: Mental Health
We as parents are used to being warned to watch out for the warning signs that our teens might be abusing drugs and alcohol as well as the negative effects these substances might have on their mental health. A new … Continue reading
The holidays are over. That means that all of the college students that have been off for the last few weeks are headed back to campus. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) have put together important information to keep college … Continue reading
The holidays are a wonderful time to spend with friends and family, but it’s also a time stress, loneliness, and there is an increased vulnerability to depression. The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues and provides … Continue reading
With the happiness of the holidays it’s easy to forget those who are dealing with loss. According to SAMHSA “grief is a normal response of sorrow, emotion, and confusion that comes from losing someone or something important to you.” Grief is a … Continue reading
According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control nearly 1 in 10 U.S. adults reports some form of depression. This study found the following groups to be more likely to meet criteria for major depression: persons 45-64 years of age … Continue reading
May is Mental Health Month. Did you know that 1 in 4 American adults live with a diagnosable, treatable mental health condition? Mental Health Month began in 1949 to raise awareness of mental health conditions and mental wellness for all. There’s no need … Continue reading