Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe NotSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Flu, Men's Health
- Has Your Doc Been Touched by Breast Cancer? It Could Influence CareSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Breast Cancer
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe Not
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material ContaminationSanta Fe Importers, Inc. a Long Beach, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 143 pounds of pork salami products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal shavings.
- Harvesters Issues Safety Alert on Bibi Frutix Candy Possible Chemical ContaminationOn Tuesday, December 5, a partner food pantry agency in Wamego, Kansas notified Harvesters—The Community Food Network of potentially contaminated Bibi Frutix candy product it received through Harvesters' distribution program. The candy product is likely contaminated with a chemical substance and is potentially harmful if eaten.
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material Contamination
Category Archives: Mental Health
We as parents are used to being warned to watch out for the warning signs that our teens might be abusing drugs and alcohol as well as the negative effects these substances might have on their mental health. A new … Continue reading
The holidays are over. That means that all of the college students that have been off for the last few weeks are headed back to campus. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) have put together important information to keep college … Continue reading
The holidays are a wonderful time to spend with friends and family, but it’s also a time stress, loneliness, and there is an increased vulnerability to depression. The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues and provides … Continue reading
With the happiness of the holidays it’s easy to forget those who are dealing with loss. According to SAMHSA “grief is a normal response of sorrow, emotion, and confusion that comes from losing someone or something important to you.” Grief is a … Continue reading
According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control nearly 1 in 10 U.S. adults reports some form of depression. This study found the following groups to be more likely to meet criteria for major depression: persons 45-64 years of age … Continue reading
May is Mental Health Month. Did you know that 1 in 4 American adults live with a diagnosable, treatable mental health condition? Mental Health Month began in 1949 to raise awareness of mental health conditions and mental wellness for all. There’s no need … Continue reading