Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?13-year study finds lower odds for atrial fibrillation in people eating moderate amounts of the treatSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Atrial Fibrillation
- Studies Spotlight Diet, Supplements for Knee PainCould fiber or chondroitin ease arthritis?Source: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Arthritis, Dietary Fiber, Nutrition
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health RiskL.A. Lucky Import & Export Inc. announced it is voluntarily recalling L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seeds 2.1 oz due to presence of Salmonella in the packet. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Correctional Industries Airway Heights Food Operations Recalls Frozen Meat and Poultry Products Due to Water ContaminationCorrectional Industries Airway Heights Food Operations, an Airway Heights, Wash. establishment, is recalling approximately 319,000 pounds of frozen meat and poultry products due to water contamination.
- L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health Risk
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Mental Health
We as parents are used to being warned to watch out for the warning signs that our teens might be abusing drugs and alcohol as well as the negative effects these substances might have on their mental health. A new … Continue reading
The holidays are over. That means that all of the college students that have been off for the last few weeks are headed back to campus. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) have put together important information to keep college … Continue reading
The holidays are a wonderful time to spend with friends and family, but it’s also a time stress, loneliness, and there is an increased vulnerability to depression. The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues and provides … Continue reading
With the happiness of the holidays it’s easy to forget those who are dealing with loss. According to SAMHSA “grief is a normal response of sorrow, emotion, and confusion that comes from losing someone or something important to you.” Grief is a … Continue reading
According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control nearly 1 in 10 U.S. adults reports some form of depression. This study found the following groups to be more likely to meet criteria for major depression: persons 45-64 years of age … Continue reading
May is Mental Health Month. Did you know that 1 in 4 American adults live with a diagnosable, treatable mental health condition? Mental Health Month began in 1949 to raise awareness of mental health conditions and mental wellness for all. There’s no need … Continue reading