Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: StudyDoctors should prescribe for the minimum numbers of days, researchers saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Opioid Abuse and Addiction
- Could Common Vitamin Supplements Raise Lung Cancer Risk?Increased odds only seemed to affect men or male smokers, study suggestsSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: B Vitamins, Dietary Supplements, Lung Cancer
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: Study
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria ContaminationFair Oaks Farms, LLC, a Pleasant Prairie, Wis. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,134 pounds of pork sausage patties that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health RiskSeven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN is recalling their Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli 12 oz. pouches because it may contain undeclared almonds. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
Category Archives: Open enrollment
Just a quick reminder that open enrollment ends March 31, 2014. You can get help in numerous ways. Visit New York State of Health – http://www.healthbenefitexchange.ny.gov/ There is a chat feature that will connect you with a representative, or you … Continue reading