Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- 3 Million Americans Say They Carry Handguns Every DayAnd many keep them concealed, review findsSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Gun Safety
- State Laws Help Reduce Concussions in Youth SportsStudy finds more students are reporting symptoms, preventing recurring injuriesSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Child Safety, Concussion, Sports Safety
- 3 Million Americans Say They Carry Handguns Every Day
- Mann Packing Recalls Minimally Processed Vegetable Products Because of Possible Health RiskMann Packing of Salinas, California is voluntarily recalling minimally processed vegetable products listed below because they may be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes. Mann Packing is issuing this recall in response to a single positive result found during random sampling by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- First Source Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almond in Honey Roast Nut CrunchFirst Source of Tonawanda, NY, is voluntarily recalling Honey Roast Nut Crunch because it contains undeclared almond. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to tree nuts (almonds) run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Mann Packing Recalls Minimally Processed Vegetable Products Because of Possible Health Risk
- Health Tip: Child Obesity Affects Bones, Muscles and JointsBeing overweight can cause these problems
- Health Tip: Child Obesity Affects Bones, Muscles and Joints