Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: StudyDoctors should prescribe for the minimum numbers of days, researchers saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Opioid Abuse and Addiction
- Could Common Vitamin Supplements Raise Lung Cancer Risk?Increased odds only seemed to affect men or male smokers, study suggestsSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: B Vitamins, Dietary Supplements, Lung Cancer
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: Study
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria ContaminationFair Oaks Farms, LLC, a Pleasant Prairie, Wis. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,134 pounds of pork sausage patties that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health RiskSeven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN is recalling their Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli 12 oz. pouches because it may contain undeclared almonds. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Fair Oaks Farms, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage Patties Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
Category Archives: Syosset Public Library
According to the National Library of Medicine Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a type of movement disorder. It happens when nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of a brain chemical called dopamine. Sometimes it is genetic, but most cases do … Continue reading
I haven’t posted in a while, but if you visited just after Thanksgiving and read my post “Post Thanksgiving Regret” you know that I’m on a get healthy kick. I have used the excuses you’ll find there. It’s too cold out … Continue reading
April is Autism Awareness Month Join me for a discussion on Daniel Tammet’s Born on a Blue Day Tuesday, April 24 at 1:00 PM and 7:30 PM Born on a Blue Day is a journey into one of the most fascinating … Continue reading
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in the US today. Healthy Heart Tuesday, February 14 at 4:00 PM Dr. Thierry Duchatellier, Section Chief of Cardiology at Mercy Medical Center will discuss the warning signs and the steps … Continue reading
Today’s Nutritional Supplements Gary Feldman, nutrition consultant and member of the Organic Consumers Association, will teach you how to better understand ingredient labels, terms that pertain to nutritional supplements and more. With the recent news regarding supplements, their efficacy and possible interactions with … Continue reading