Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart PatientsDoctors should assess mental health at routine cardiac visits, study authors saySource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Heart Diseases, Stress
- Gene Sequencing May Reveal Risks for Rare DiseasesBut doctors can be taught to minimize patients' anxiety, study saysSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Genes and Gene Therapy
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish BallGlobal Lamsheng Kee Inc., Brooklyn, NY is recalling Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball because they may contain undeclared egg. People who have allergies to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Publix Recalls Publix Tropical Medley Mix Due to Possible Contamination with Listeria monocytogenesPublix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Tropical Medley Mix because it may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. Publix received notification of the potential contamination from our supplier of dried apricot, The 5.7oz clear plastic containers of the mix were sold from Publix retail produce departments in Florida, Georgia, South C […]
- Global Lamsheng Kee Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Frozen Fish Tofu, Frozen Fried Fish Ball and Frozen White Fish Ball
Category Archives: Syosset Public Library
According to the National Library of Medicine Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a type of movement disorder. It happens when nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of a brain chemical called dopamine. Sometimes it is genetic, but most cases do … Continue reading
I haven’t posted in a while, but if you visited just after Thanksgiving and read my post “Post Thanksgiving Regret” you know that I’m on a get healthy kick. I have used the excuses you’ll find there. It’s too cold out … Continue reading
April is Autism Awareness Month Join me for a discussion on Daniel Tammet’s Born on a Blue Day Tuesday, April 24 at 1:00 PM and 7:30 PM Born on a Blue Day is a journey into one of the most fascinating … Continue reading
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in the US today. Healthy Heart Tuesday, February 14 at 4:00 PM Dr. Thierry Duchatellier, Section Chief of Cardiology at Mercy Medical Center will discuss the warning signs and the steps … Continue reading
Today’s Nutritional Supplements Gary Feldman, nutrition consultant and member of the Organic Consumers Association, will teach you how to better understand ingredient labels, terms that pertain to nutritional supplements and more. With the recent news regarding supplements, their efficacy and possible interactions with … Continue reading