Syosset Public Library
225 South Oyster Bay Road
Syosset, NY 11791-5897
Contact a Health Reference Librarian
516-921-7161 ext. 217
DisclaimerThe purpose of the Syosset Public Library’s Health Reference Center is to provide public access to a wide range of health and medical information, not to give medical advice or interpretation. The Syosset Public Library does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider any information received from the Syosset Public Library as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. Information received from the Syosset Public Library is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified healthcare provider. Please note that these services are being provided by librarians and NOT medical doctors.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe NotSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Flu, Men's Health
- Has Your Doc Been Touched by Breast Cancer? It Could Influence CareSource: HealthDayRelated MedlinePlus Pages: Breast Cancer
- Are Men Just 'Babies' When They Get the Flu? Maybe Not
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material ContaminationSanta Fe Importers, Inc. a Long Beach, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 143 pounds of pork salami products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal shavings.
- Harvesters Issues Safety Alert on Bibi Frutix Candy Possible Chemical ContaminationOn Tuesday, December 5, a partner food pantry agency in Wamego, Kansas notified Harvesters—The Community Food Network of potentially contaminated Bibi Frutix candy product it received through Harvesters' distribution program. The candy product is likely contaminated with a chemical substance and is potentially harmful if eaten.
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material Contamination
Category Archives: WebMd
We as parents are used to being warned to watch out for the warning signs that our teens might be abusing drugs and alcohol as well as the negative effects these substances might have on their mental health. A new … Continue reading
Spring ahead – fall back. It’s something we deal with twice a year. If you’re like me “fall back” and gain an hour of sleep is much more easy to deal with than losing that much-needed hour in the spring. Now medical … Continue reading
It’s important to take care of your heart, but we’re all so busy where do we start? There are steps we can all take – in terms of nutrition, physical activity, weight management, stress management, and stopping smoking (or never … Continue reading
It’s a beautiful morning. Time to get up and start your day. Set up the coffee maker, and the start your morning with a long hot shower. You step out and dry off, throw on a fluffy robe, and pour that first … Continue reading
According to news reports there has been an outbreak of whooping-cough in Suffolk County, Long Island. As of the end of November more than 200 cases in both children and adults had been reported. What is whooping-cough (pertussis)? Definition from the U.S. … Continue reading